In this article we'll show you how to enable two-factor authentication (TFA) on your Coinmatics account.
A quick algorithm
- Log in to your Coinmatics account
- Since you still haven't enabled TFA, the system will offer you to do it. Click the "Enable" button and follow the steps.
- If you skipped the window with TFA, just open your Settings tab and click the "Enable" button in the Security section.
- Our system will offer 4 simple steps to enable TFA using Google Authenticator app. First, you need to download it. You can either scan the QR code (it will open the mobile store page) or find the app manually in the mobile store. After installing the app proceed to the next step.
- On step 2 you'll be shown another QR code. This one must be scanned with Google Authenticator app only. Once you scan it, a Coinmatics record will appear in your app. Otherwise, you may choose not to scan the code but to enter the key into the Google Authenticator app manually (if you prefer to manually add Coinmatics record). Proceed to step 3.
- On step 3 you'll be shown a secret key that is needed to restore your Google Authenticator app in case you need it. Save that key somewhere, it should not get lost. Proceed to step 4.
- On step 4 you give your final confirmation and enable TFA on your Coinmatics account. Once you click the "Enable" button, it starts working.
During all four steps you have an option to abort the operation and leave TFA disabled. Just click the "X" at the top right corner:
Note that while this security measure is not mandatory, we highly recommend to use it.
A video instruction
Here's a video guide on TFA: