In this article, we'll show you how to create an API key on Binance exchange.
Note that Binance will force you to enable two-factor authentication in order to create API keys.
A quick algorithm
- Log in to your Binance account.
- Go to your profile -> API Management. You'll see an empty line where you can type in your new API key name and hit the "Create" button.
- Binance will ask for a code from your email and a code from your authentication app. To get a code from your email, request it by clicking the "Send code" button. The code will be emailed to you. To get a code from your authenticator app, just open it. Once you have both codes, fill the empty fields in and click "Submit".
- Your new API key will appear in the API keys list at the very top. Note the Secret Key — you will be able to see it only once right after you create it. This key will be encrypted the next time you visit your keys list.
- By default, the key has only "Can read" and "Enable Spot & Margin trading" permissions in the API restrictions section. Learn more about what permissions you need to work with Coinmatics here. You can edit the restrictions by following our guide here.
A video instruction
We recorded a short video instruction to illustrate the API key creation process: