Here we will show you how to create and connect your OKEx API key to Coinmatics.
Create an API key
2) By moving the mouse over the Profile icon, select the API option in the list.
3) You'll see a pop-up to link your mobile number or Google Authentication if you haven’t done it earlier. It’s an obligatory step to be able to create an API key.
4) The Primary account page will be opened. Please click on "Create V5 API Key".
Please note that Coinmatics doesn’t support V3 API key. Please create a new V5 API key to link it to Coinmatics.
5) Now let's fill the following fields:
API name — the name for an API key you link to Coinmatics account;
Password — it is required to secure your key (if you lose or forget it, you'll have to create a new API key). Please, save it, otherwise, you won't be able to link your key to Coinmatics;
Permissions — please, enable Read and Trade. And don't select "Withdraw". This ensures that your balance remains under your total control.
The IP address is not required.
API keys without IP addresses are automatically deleted if you don’t use them for 30 days.
6) Enter a code from your Google Authenticator together with an email code. To get a code from the app, just open it. Then enter the code into the empty field and click on "Confirm".
To get an email code please click "Get code".
7) You will see a pop-up with the API key information (you need to copy the API key and Secret key). There is a special button to copy the API details — Copy API Info.
Please, check the permissions once again — the Trade option should be enabled.
8) Your new API key will appear in the list of keys.
Please note that Coinmatics supports only Spot trading on OKEx and can copy deals on the Unified account only. The deals on the Classic account will not be copied.
Link OKEx Account to Coinmatics
Then select the OKEx exchange and click on "Continue".
If you already have an account, you can skip the first 2 steps. If you don’t have one, you will see a short guide on how to create an account and an API key.
Then enter the API key details: API key, secret key, password or passphrase (check it in OKEx API section). Once you fill all the fields, you can submit it by clicking on "Add Account".
If you follow all the steps, your account will be added to Coinmatics. The word "Spot" will be green if you enable the Trade permission in the API key settings. If it’s orange, you need to check your settings on OKEx exchange account once again.
Submit Strategy (for traders)
We have a step-by-step guide on how to trade on Coinmatics, please check it here: https://support.coinmatics.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015066377-How-to-start-a-trader-account-at-Coinmatics
Please note that Coinmatics can copy deals on the Unified account only. The deals on the Classic account will not be copied.
Subscribe to Strategy (for investors)
There is also a guide on how to become an investor and start copying a strategy: https://support.coinmatics.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015542398-How-to-become-an-investor-with-Coinmatics
Please, check it out and don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.